31. It's not __ good idea to drive for four hours without _ break.
A. a; a B. a: the C. the; a D. the; the
32. We felt ________ when Liu Xiang won the first prize again in the race.
A. brave B. proud C. successful D. worried
33. -- May I go out now. Dad?
-- No. You __ let your mother know first.
A. can B. may C. need D. must
34. -- I'm hungry, ls there any bread in the fridge?
-- ______but we have cakes. Would you like to have one?
A. Some B. Much C. None D. Nothing
35. If you want to go to see the movie this evening, so __ I.
A. do B. am C. will D. should
36. -- I have great __ in learning math and I'm so worried. Could you help me?
-- Sure. I'd be glad to.
A. trouble B. interest " C. joy D. fun
37. He promised to pick me up at the school gate. However. he __ yet.
A. didn't arrive B. doesn't an'lye C. isn't arriving D. hasn't arrived
38. My father was preparing for his speech __ my mother was doing some washing last night.
A. if B. while C. unless D. until
39. I can hardly hear what it is saying on TV. Would you please
A. turn it up B. turn il down C. turn it on D. tuna it off