1. Learn the usage of verb-ed form and verb-ed phrases
2. Learn the difference and usage of verb-ing and verb-ed as adjectives
Step I Introduction
Verb-ed form can be used like an adjective or an adverb in a sentence serving as(充当) attribute(定语), predicative(表语) and object complement(宾语补足语)
When the verb-ed form is used as an attribute, it can be changed into an attributive clause. The verb-ed form can also be used as an adverb modifying(修饰) some verbs such as stand, sit, lie … etc. to show the two actions happening at the same time.
Please identify the parts of speech(词性) of the verb-ed form in different sentences
1) The handwritten notes are from jack.
2) The kidnappers were using a stolen car.
3) A dark-haired man went into the room.
4)The cake was left untouched on the table.
5) The girl lay trapped under the wreckage(船舶残骸).
Step II the usage of verb-ed form
The functions of verb-ed form
1)A single verb-ed can appear before a noun modifying the noun like an adjective. It can be changed into an attributive clause.
We should drink boiled water. = We should drink water which has been boiled
高中英语辅导网??? 高中英语??? 高中英语课件，大小：52.0 KB